New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jamison .505 Gibbs Brass
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone have experience with this brass? I bought 40 pieces a while back and finally got time to prep and load some, I prepped and loaded 10 rounds, medium load, with Hornady bullets and 4 of the 10 brass split at the neck/shoulder junction, all developed 2 splits, 2 short splits and 2 that split from shoulder to case mouth. Not a good result in my opinion. Anyone else used Jamison .505 Gibbs brass?

Karl Evans

Posts: 2901 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K Evans:
Anyone have experience with this brass? I bought 40 pieces a while back and finally got time to prep and load some, I prepped and loaded 10 rounds, medium load, with Hornady bullets and 4 of the 10 brass split at the neck/shoulder junction, all developed 2 splits, 2 short splits and 2 that split from shoulder to case mouth. Not a good result in my opinion. Anyone else used Jamison .505 Gibbs brass?

Annealing the rest of the cases before using should solve the problem and likewise for the once fired cases that haven't split.

It is possible to repair splits in the necks of valuable cases, if you are a skinflint like me 2020

Posts: 3908 | Location: Rolleston, Christchurch, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote