New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reloader 17
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone out there working with Reloader 17?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then is not an act, but a habit"--Aristotle (384BC-322BC)

Posts: 749 | Location: Central Montana | Registered: 17 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep, I loaded up a bunch of different loads for a 25-06 using RL-17 with heavy bullets. None of the RL-17 loads came remotely close to the accuracy of RL-22 and H-4831SC, comparing bullet for bullet.
That's just one data point however. I will try it in other rifles as the occasion comes along.
The above testing was this past week.

Edit to add: Over our LOOOONG winter here Big Grin, I did load up some 22-250 loads using RL-17 and 60 grain bullets. Haven't shot them yet. Forgot all about them when I made the initial post.

one of us
posted Hide Post
MThunter ----- I am shooting quite a few loads as we speak, particularly with my .243 WSSM and 25 WSSM. It is fast becoming my most accurate powder for these two. It was designed for the short mags according to the info. Good shooting.

phurley

Posts: 2355 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been running it in the 300wsm with 168 Bergers. Out of a 26" barrel 3230 fps and great accuracy so far. Lots of testing to do yet have only been to the range once with this rifle and the loads were not precision as I was breaking the rifle in. Just middle of the road charge and 15thou off lands.

Posts: 146 | Location: WI | Registered: 18 January 2007Reply With Quote