New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dyna Bore Coat
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone have any experience with this product?

The cleaning regimen described is exactly what I found to work the best.

quote:
We are very proud to introduce our revolutionary product:
Dyna-Bore Coat!

Dyna-Bore Coat was developed to eliminate or greatly reduce all types of fouling that occurs in firearm bores. The following information describes how Dyna-Bore Coat affects different firearms.

In rifles Dyna-Bore Coat will stop or greatly reduce jacket foul. It will greatly reduce powder fouling, allowing the shooter to shoot longer strings without cleaning. It will also allow the shooter to shoot different types and brands of bullets during load development without cleaning. Cleaning is done with patches and solvent only. An average of 3 wet patches and 3 dry patches will clean the majority of treated barrels, even after strings of over 800 rounds.

In handguns Dyna-Bore Coat does for handgun bores what it does for rifles. It also makes lead fouling much easier and faster to clean. It also allows the shooter to run lead and jacketed bullets interchangeably.

In shotguns it eliminates or drastically reduces plastic wad fouling in the bore. Clean-up can be done in most cases with nothing more than a dry bore mop.

In closed breach black powder muzzle loaders using pellets and 209 primers, Dyna-Bore Coat eliminates the carbon ring build-up and allows the shooter to fire for prolonged periods without stopping to clean. Some testing has gone as long as 4,000 rounds without cleaning. It eliminates the plastic fouling in the bore caused by sabots. It also reduces leading and makes it easier to clean.

What Dyna-Bore Coat Will Do

• It will greatly reduce or in most cases eliminate jacket fouling.
• It will allow you to shoot extremely long strings without cleaning.
• You will never need a bronze bore brush in the bore again; all cleaning is done with patches and solvent. It takes an average of 4-8 patches and you’re done.
• Dyna-Bore Coat will help protect against corrosion, both galvanic and chemical.
• It will keep the barrel shooting up to its potential for longer periods of time.

What Dyna-Bore Coat Will Not Do

• Dyna-Bore Coating will have no effect on velocity, point of impact, or group size.
• If the barrel is a dog to start with, it will still be a dog after applying Dyna-Bore Coating. But it will the easiest cleaning dog you’ve ever owned.

More About Dyna-Bore Coat

• Average thickness in all bores once applied and cured is .25 microns.
• Dyna-Bore Coat is applied to a clean bore with a loose fitting patch and slotted patch holder. After setting at least six hours, the user puts 8 to 10 rounds down the bore to cure the coating. The coating is cured by the heat and pressure of firing. The longer you shoot with Dyna-Bore Coat, the better it performs.
• Dyna-Bore Coat will be available to the consumer in a kit form by late July or early August of 2007. You will be able to order it online from this website. You can also call and order it direct. Enquiries from O.E.M., distributors and retailers are welcome.
• Initial testing for Dyna-Bore Coat was done in 30 caliber FN Machine Guns and 50 BMGs. Testing was started in these weapons 2 years ago. All the bores initially coated are still performing as new. One application of Dyna-Bore Coat is good for the useful life of the bore.

Cleaning a Barrel to Bare Steel
The proper installation of Dyna-Bore Coat involves first cleaning the bore down to bare, dry steel. Otherwise the coating won’t be sticking to the steel, but powder or lead or copper fouling.

I know, you’re already perfectly capable of cleaning a barrel—but “perfectly” is the key here. With today’s cleaning products it’s actually pretty easy to keep a barrel clean enough to shoot accurately. However, this is not the same as perfectly clean. I know this because I use a bore-scope—and so does Doug Burche. When I first sent him a rifle for the installation of Dyna-Bore Coat, Doug warned me that it needed to be perfectly clean, and challenged me by stating that he had never received such a barrel. So I made sure it was CLEAN, and even Doug agreed it was.

Everybody has their favorite ways of cleaning a bore these days, but I have found that few are based on the use of a bore-scope. So here is the method I used to get my bore perfectly clean:

This was a custom barrel, chambered for the .223 Remington. First, I cleaned out the loose powder fouling with Hoppe’s No. 9 and a half-dozen cotton patches. This is the easy part.

Next, a .22 brass-wire bore-brush was wrapped with a thick cotton patch, so that the patch stuck to the brush. Then the patch was liberally covered in JB Bore Cleaner, a fine abrasive that will wear away lead or copper fouling—or even firmly embedded carbon from powder fouling. The patched brush was then run back and forth in the bore 30 times.

In order to work, this patched brush has to be tight. If it doesn’t require considerable effort to push and pull the brush back and forth, the JB Compound will not wear away metal fouling. If the patched brush feels at all easy to push at any time during the 30 strokes, then wrap another cotton patch around the brush, smear on more JB and do it again. Done correctly, this will remove all lead and carbon from the bore. It will remove almost all the copper from jacketed bullets, but usually not quite all.
Next, clean the bore again with Hoppe’s No. 9 and some cotton patches. This removes the JB Compound.

Now use a chemical copper solvent to remove the last tiny traces of copper. It doesn’t matter which you use, just follow the directions, and repeat them at least three times. It doesn’t matter if you can’t see any blue traces of dissolved copper on the cleaning patches; very often none will show up even though there are traces of copper in the bore. Just have faith and repeat the cleaning cycle recommended by the manufacturer three times.

Finally, degrease the bore. I normally use either isopropyl alcohol or acetone on cotton patches. Repeat three times, with a clean patch each time. Now your bore is really clean, and ready to be treated with Dyna-Bore Coat.

We would like to thank John Barsness for the excellent cleaning instructions you have just enjoyed.

Application Instructions
You must use a bore mop to apply Dyna-Bore Coat.

1. Soak a loose fitting patch with Dyna-Bore Degreaser (bottle 1) and run it through the bore 3 times. Next, run a dry patch.
2. Shake the Dyna-Bore Coat (bottle 2) for 2 minutes.
3. Dunk the bore mop in the Dyna-Bore Coat bottle and soak completely. Use an empty container to catch the excess. Dyna-Bore Coat will stain anything it’s left on, so clean up the spills with the rag provided in the kit before it dries!
4. Hold or clamp the firearm barrel down and carefully insert the bore mop in the bore. Run the whole bore mop down the bore, working toward the muzzle, with short 2 to 4 inch strokes. Work back to the chamber the same way. Now bring it back to the chamber. This is counted as one stroke. Repeat 3 times.
5. Dunk the bore mop again into the Dyna-Bore Coat bottle. Repeat step 5. Lay the rod down and wipe the excess off the breach and muzzle.
6. Turn the firearm muzzle up and use the bore mop to repeat step 5.
7. Lay the firearm aside and clean off the cleaning rod. Let the bore coating set and dry in the bore for 6 hours minimum or overnight (recommended).
8. After the bore coating sets and dries, don’t run anything but bullets down the bore. The heat and pressure from firing sets and centers the coating. Use 10 to 20 rounds to cure.

Care and Cleaning
Clean the bore with solvent and patches only. If you feel you must use a brush, use a nylon brush not brass. The first time you clean you may see some copper. There will be less as you shoot and clean. The first cleaning shouldn’t take more than 10 patches. By the third or fourth cleaning you will use between 4 and 6 patches.

Things You Can Expect
The worst result we have had with jacket fouling after application of Dyna-Bore Coat is a reduction of 80% in big bores shooting monolithic solids. So your results should be a reduction of jacket fouling between 80% and 100%. In in-line muzzle loaders using synthetic propellants and 209 primers, you will feel where the crud ring should be, but it won’t form. Some testing has gone over 4,000 rounds just loading and shooting. Loading the first 3 or 4 rounds will be difficult as you are loading against the bore coat and curing it; the more you shoot the easier it gets. Dyna-Bore Coat reduces plastic wad fouling in shotgun bores and makes clean-up easier. It also makes leading quicker and easier to clean in handgun and rifle bores.

One application should last the useful life of the bore.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rcamuglia:

• Dyna-Bore Coat will be available to the consumer in a kit form by late July or early August of 2007.

bewildered It's been available for almost 3.5 years, touted as the best thing since sliced bread and this is the first I've heard of it. Perhaps because I anoint my bores with KG6 and shoot moly-coated bullets. Serves the same purpose.

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote