Find
Notify
Tools

my first reloads !!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello Gent's

I finished my first 25 reloads last night, it all went fine. I loaded .338 250gr RHINO into winchester brass with SOMCHEM S365, looks good. battled with the seating depth of the bullet, but I took the minimum OAL as a standard ?

Just one question who do I get to fire off the first round ? Roll Eyes

Cheers Schmidie
"opie-knoppe"

Posts: 51 | Location: midrand South Africa | Registered: 02 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of woods
posted Hide Post
I remember that feeling. Makes you want to get a motorcycle helmet and lower the faceguard when pulling that trigger the first time. lol

Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Posts: 2750 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I remember my first reloads as well. My young son was with me. I made sure he was back out of the way and knew exactly where the car keys were.... sofa

Posts: 167 | Location: Rockwall (Dallas), TX | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I call it the pucker factor, the tight butt feeling you get before you pull the trigger. It can be quite interesting at times. My first reloads were for my 300 Win Mag, high pucker factor. I'm to the point now that I get more nervous with factory ammo than I do my own.

Posts: 29 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: 10 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well you guy's are still around, and seen's that I have taken all your good advise and reading old post's for info I think I should be O.K...... As for the helmet that is maybe a good idea.

But after that first shot, as they would say it is history !!!!

Cheers Schmidie
"opie-knoppe"

Posts: 51 | Location: midrand South Africa | Registered: 02 February 2005Reply With Quote