Find
Notify
Tools

Power Pistol powder and 40 cal
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of silverback
posted
I have several reloading manuals, but was wondering if any of you had used this powder for reloading 40 cal. I will be using 155 gr GD HP, CCI 500 primers and speer cases. I hope to load at 1.125 COL. with .421 crimp. The round will be shot out of a Glock 22 or a Kahr K-10. Thanks.....

One of Us
Picture of silverback
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by silverback:
I have several reloading manuals, but was wondering if any of you had used this powder for reloading 40 cal. I will be using 155 gr GD HP, CCI 500 primers and speer cases. I hope to load at 1.125 COL. with .421 crimp. The round will be shot out of a Glock 22 or a Kahr K-40. Thanks.....

One of Us
Picture of TEANCUM
posted Hide Post
I have been loving Power Pistol out of 2 .40's that I have, a Sig 226 and a Sig pro. The velocity has also been impressive to go along with very good accuracy. I've found the best performance with the 155 grain pills and have taken a small 2 point mule deer buck and a large raccoon with it so far as well as a few jackrabbits. Love the Sigs .40's.

Posts: 1788 | Location: IDAHO | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have loaded a bunch of ammo for my Son's 40S&W Walther P99 with 155s and 7.2 grains of PowerPistol and it shot very well, also loaded some PP in my S-I-L's 9mm Luger Colt 1911 with very good results. Tried it in my S&W 4506-1 45ACP and it really sucked but I guess you can only ask so much from a powder.

Dennis
Life member NRA

Posts: 1191 | Location: Ft. Morgan, CO | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of silverback
posted Hide Post
I will probably stick with my Unique for the .45. I am going to work up some Power Pistol rounds to compare with my Unique(7.0 gr- 155gr GD) and try to develop a PP and Unique load for the Win 180 jhp's. Thanks guys.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The limit in the work up can be a function of case support with some barrels and case web failure with others:

a) In my stock G22 barrel, case support over the feed ramp started at .235" from the breech and at 130% of Alliant's max charge of Power Pistol for 150 gr bullets, I had a case bulge.

b) But with a barrel that supports all the way to the case web [.180"], my primers fall out at 198% of the max charge of Power Pistol With 200 gr bullets.

Posts: 9043 | Location: on the rock | Registered: 16 July 2005Reply With Quote