New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another crazy idea!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
See, I have all these .22LR casings left about. I'd like to turn them into more bullets, but I don't want the same bullet. I want more, 'oomph' more, pizazz. Essentially, I want a hotter load. Now, I don't know about reloading, never done it, never tried, but I'd like to. So, I need to know, what would I need to reload these casings, and what powders would give me better performance (from a Daisy .22LR carbine) ballistically? I know it'd normally be a waste of time to reload them, but I'm going to put something hot in them, so they'll smash stuff up more (mainly for target shooting, mice and shit are sort of an afterthought) and give a bit more noise.

Posts: 32 | Location: Nunda, NY | Registered: 14 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
WoW, you might want to stick with rubber band guns for now.

Posts: 2045 | Location: West most midwestern town. | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill Adams
posted Hide Post
Put your cup on, you are about to get hammered! [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 617 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 22 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Since there is no removeable primer, you can't reload a rimfire cartridge... and since high grade ammo is only about $.035 per shot, you couldn't reload as inexpensively as you can buy, even if it were possible.

If you want something zippier, try the CCI Stinger. They clock at about 1400 fps.

If you want something about as fun as a center fire rifle can be, you might want to consider a .223. Still a .22, but nothing like the rimfire.... pushes 55 grains at 3200 fps or so.

Posts: 2281 | Location: Layton, UT USA | Registered: 09 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Okay, thanks denton. If I ever do get a decent .223 rifle, I'll try it, but stay away from Wolf ammo... [Big Grin]

one of us
posted Hide Post
smallfry, I believe you said a mouthfull! WOW

Posts: 185 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 23 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Is this guy for real???!!!

Posts: 221 | Location: Back in Alaska where I belong | Registered: 22 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He might be for real, but he's Nunda too bright...

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's low, Craigster. You don't knock Saeed for being arab...