Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

30 cal Nosler E-tip 150 performance
 Login/Join

posted
Does anybody have any experience with thte .308 e-tips in the 150 grain weight? I would be using them in a 308 or 06.

Loads?

Accuracy?

Performance on game?

Posts: 4 | Location: milwaukee, wi | Registered: 06 June 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i've not used them, but have only heard great things about current productions B-tips when it comes to accuracy.

when it comes to game performance the reports i get say that they will kill quick dead right there - mixed reviews on whether they expand too much (make too big of a hole) or not, but if you are taking ribcage-only shots, this would not really be an issue.

i'd say give them a try and see how they go - coming out of either rifle, they should work very well.

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Shot quite a few in a 308. They are very accurate for me, same powder charge range as Accubonds worked well. I have shot several 75-100lb whitetail does with them, and they were all 100% pass throughs. Decent expansion based on exits, .50 cent piece at max, quarter size typical. Insides turned to soup. Shots ranged from 85ish to 350+ lasered. Very consistent kill results regardless of distance, caliber size entry, and quarter plus size exits.

I have seen several folks post that they have seen high pressure signs with them, I have not experienced same, I don't exceed book maximums for powder charges though, so maybe I just don't push too hard. I would probably try some as a go to, but like XXX's even though they are pricey, but for now, I am sticking to Accubonds. If you have to go lead free, they are worth a try.

I did, end up with mid range powder charges in the one rifle I developed the load for this bullet in.

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote