New
Find
Notify
Tools

6.5x55 Swede loads with 150 gr. MatchKing
 Login/Join

Picture of Chewbakka
posted
I need loads for my 6.5 Swede with 150 gr. Sierra MatchKing. Everyone has loads for the 140 gr., 142 gr. and 160 gr. bullets but no one has loads [including Sierra [go figure]] for their 150 gr. MatchKing! My powders are Hodgdon H414, Win. 6.5 StaBall, and Hodgdon Hybrid 100V.

One of Us
Picture of Fury01
posted Hide Post
Use the 6.5 Creedmore loads from Hodgdon and work up. Any load in the Creed will be a good starting point for the Swede due to the greater capacity in the Swede. Assuming you have a equal strength rifle.

"The liberty enjoyed by the people of these states of worshiping Almighty God agreeably to their conscience, is not only among the choicest of their blessings, but also of their rights."
~George Washington - 1789

Posts: 2135 | Location: Where God breathes life into the Amber Waves of Grain and owns the cattle on a thousand hills. | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Chewbakka
posted Hide Post
Fury: Thanks for the tip. The Hodgdon website had Creedmore loads for the 150 gr. Sierra MatchKing. Looks like most of the Swede loads were about 2 to 3 gr. hotter then the 6.5 Creedmore loads in other bullet weights. I can work up a load with this. My rifle is an M48 Serbian Mauser converted to 6.5 Swede.

One of Us
Picture of Fury01
posted Hide Post
Nice rifle! Hard to beat the old Swede.

"The liberty enjoyed by the people of these states of worshiping Almighty God agreeably to their conscience, is not only among the choicest of their blessings, but also of their rights."
~George Washington - 1789

Posts: 2135 | Location: Where God breathes life into the Amber Waves of Grain and owns the cattle on a thousand hills. | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote