THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    load for 6.5-284 and nosler partition 125 grains

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

load for 6.5-284 and nosler partition 125 grains
 Login/Join

posted
hey guys

I need a good load for my 6.5-284 using the nosler 125 partition. I am looking for loads using reloader 19, 22 or 25, any help will be appreciated.

Thanks Klaus

Posts: 7 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
My best load for this combination uses R22, for 3350 ft/sec's in my 27" Hart barrel. Can't remember off hand the exact charge, so I am sure you would work up anyway. Accuracy is .5 MOA.

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
thanks a lot! What would you recommend as starting load? But the accuracy and speed sounds great, even though my 25.5" Schultz and Larsen barrel will not reach the same velocity.

Klaus

One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
Wirehaired, I'll check my notes and get back to you on that. Appreciate your patience.

OK, First an apology, velocity was not 3350. I was confused with a 6/284 load. That's the bad news, the good news is that R22 is still my powder of choice and the actual recieved velocity was 3,175 ft/secs. I would start at about 52 grains and work up, I am several + beyond, but I also have a long throated barrel which seats Hornady A-Max bullets to 3.170 COL to just engage the rifling. I seat the Nosler to the cannalure for magazine feeding. Each individual rifle is different, so use all caution known to you! To my experience this is one of the most awesome light cartridges in existance today. Supurb accuracy, and enormous downrange energy. Cuts the wind well and just plain satisfys.

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Great! Appreciate your concern!