New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is it just me ??!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Is this a common phenomonen or is it just ME!

But on looking in my store room for an unopened box of 6.5mm bullets over the week-end I came across at least 28 ( I gave over counting after that!) boxes or part boxes of bullets some of which I have either no longer that particular calibre rifle or of a bullet weight I have never or maybe no longer use.

Nearly as bad was to follow when I looked at cannisters of powder.

Of the 8 rifles I currently load for and those I have long since moved on, I have 5 different makes and at least 4 powder types for each make, in both Reloader and Hodgdons I have 5 powder types each, some that old that I would not even contemplate their use.

I seem to have accumulated a similar, albeit to a lesser degree, a collection of scope mounts and discarded scopes also that sit on the shelf and gather dust frm year to year.

If I continue to look I dare say other itmes in plural will turn up.

Maybe it is just me, the addiction/ infection of shooting is a curious one!

No wonder deciding on aparticular load or bullet weight / style is such a chore

Posts: 343 | Location: York / U.K | Registered: 14 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is not just you!
I have the remains of my Dad's reloading/gunsmithing that includes even used sand paper and wads for used before plastic came in to wide spread use. Card wads for 410? I have them. Paper 28 ga. empties, I have them even though we have never loaded 28s. Empty powder canisters? Empty primer boxes, the wooden ones? Herters French Red Stock Filler? worn out files, broken loading dies, burned out drill moters? Yep. Value? in money Zip, Nil, Nada. In Memories- Priceless. My sons will have to build a larger loading shack when I am gone.
Judge Sharpe

Is it safe to let for a 58 year old man run around in the woods unsupervised with a high powered rifle?

One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
It sure is not just you! I have a lot of .257" and 6.5mm bullets on hand, and have not loaded a one of them for over 20 years! In addition, I have just scads of different empty brass sitting around, with no current need for most of it.....

"Bitte, trinks du nicht das Wasser. Dahin haben die Kuhen gesheissen."

Posts: 4386 | Location: New Woodstock, Madison County, Central NY | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think the time is right for another round of "dirty reloading room" pictures...