New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have a pet 9mm target load......
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I never thought I'd be asking this being a confirmed .45 guy, but does anyone have a pet bullet, pet accurate load for 9mm. Lead bullets would be nice as well. I've got a new target level 9mm that I would like to wring out.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use 6gr. of Unique and 115gr. bullets. This load works well in a couple different box stock Smiths.
Peter is the guy to to contact about 9m/m's.

Stepchild

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1326 | Location: glennie, mi. USA | Registered: 14 July 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of CTI1USNRET
posted Hide Post
My pet plinking load is a 115 gr copper plated round nose with 4.8 gr of W231. Does great out of my wife's S&W M&P9 and my Shield.

Posts: 69 | Location: The Monadnocks | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been loading six grains of AA #5 behind my own hard cast 125s for about 20 years now. Extremely accurate and easy on the wrists...

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CTI1USNRET:
My pet plinking load is a 115 gr copper plated round nose with 4.8 gr of W231. Does great out of my wife's S&W M&P9 and my Shield.

The only difference I would consider is 4.7 gr Win231/Hp38. This the load I use for USPSA Production class.

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I found that 4.6 grains of W231 is light and accurate for the (my) 92FS. But use a lee dipper I shaved down to scoop approx/ 5.2 - 5.4 grains of Unique. After all they're only 9's.

popcorn

Posts: 213 | Location: ┌\oo/┐ Tick infested woods of N.Y. | Registered: 26 March 2008Reply With Quote