New
Find
Notify
Tools

125 gr 30 carbine loads
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am looking for load data for the 30 carbine using Sierra 125 gr HP. Does anyone have this data or know where I can find it.

Thanks

Posts: 262 | Location: New York | Registered: 21 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I suspect you may have OAL problems if you want them to function from magazine. I used those in my .32-20 silhouette pistol and they were were very accurate even at very modest velocities. If your throat is long enough they could be single loaded. Get some H110/W296, start light and work your way up.
C.G.B.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
They said you aren't supposed to light load H110 and 296 WW. I'd try another powder you can light load and that is 4227 of the flavor you prefer that is Hodgdon or IMR.

If you deep seat them to fit the magazine, take in consideration that increases the pressure, you may have to taper crimp them in order for the case to fit the chamber. If you get the front end of the case too fat on the 30 Carbine you'll have chambering problems.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have an AR chambered for 7.62x25 and they work great and will fit into the PPSH 43 mag. I have been using AA#9.

I will load some dummy rounds tonight and see if they will fit into the carbine mag.

Thanks

Posts: 262 | Location: New York | Registered: 21 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MuskegMan
posted Hide Post
4198 is another stick powder that should work o.k.

Posts: 2097 | Location: S.E. Alaska | Registered: 18 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ray Fryar
posted Hide Post
What are you shooting (ie. M-1.30 carbine/ Blackhawk .30)
I use 15g of Alliant 2400 get great results in my M-1.

Ray
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
NRA Patriot Endowment Life Member

Posts: 103 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 22 February 2011Reply With Quote