New
Find
Notify
Tools

RL 25 in the .270 WBY mag?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I did some load work up in my .270 WBY mag using 150 grain moly'd partions and RL 25 a few years back. Never went too far due to the lack of any pressure data. Anyone else working with this combo? I did a search but only located 445supermag's post saying he was buying some powder to try, didn't see any results posted. How about it? BD

Posts: 163 | Location: Greenville, Maine | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a friend with a "rifles Inc" custom 270. It likes most anything. We've been feeding it right around 73.0 of re25 and 150's and it likes it. We've never chrono'd it but we got pressure signs at 74.5. If I had to make a recomendation I'd say start 1 grain higher than your favorite 7828/re22 load and go up slowly from there. You probably won't get much past 1.5-2.5 grain more before hitting the wall.

Posts: 2002 | Location: central wi | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BD, Yes I did get the powder but to tell you the truth I haven't reloaded for it yet do to my new toy. I just purchased a savage 10ML-II black powder rifle a little while ago and been having some fun. Since our season is next month and bow season is on here in nj I wont have any time. But if I do I will post my results. Also my wife and I have been going through infertility dr's trying to get pregnant so my time is limited.

Will post if I get results.

Brian

Posts: 119 | Location: NJ | Registered: 18 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the responses. It seems that all the testing of the newer, slower powders is occuring in the newer cartridges. I'd sure like to see some real pressure data for the .270 WBY with RL 25, Retumbo and the slow Ramshot powder. BD

Posts: 163 | Location: Greenville, Maine | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote