Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted
Never saw one of these b4

Posts: 6440 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think they're called a "little dandy". rick Jamison did a product review on them way back when in rifle or reloading magazine. I've never seen one up close and personal.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Little Dandy is an RCBS item. Looks like this.

The one you have is, I think, an MTM? Or Lee from years and years ago.

I have seen them before, here in UK, but a long time ago.

Posts: 6818 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
quinetics

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, I never would have got the maker with a year of guessing. Long time, as I say, since I saw one. Must be ten years at least.

I tried it, well handled it, and didn't like it. Too easy, or I thought, to short charge or over charge.

Posts: 6818 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have never seen one before this picture was posted. I don't see anything to adjust the charge weight of the drop. Looks like a novelty to me, but......

Dennis
Life member NRA

Posts: 1191 | Location: Ft. Morgan, CO | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sam
posted Hide Post
Still in production, quineticscorp.com

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Norfolk, Va | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Pull the trigger and the adjustment knob is shown

quote:
Originally posted by Luckyducker:
I have never seen one before this picture was posted. I don't see anything to adjust the charge weight of the drop. Looks like a novelty to me, but......

One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
I wonder what they are like if 'cutting' kernels of coarser powder. Is the internal slide that measures and dumps the powder steel or plastic?

Posts: 3880 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They have been around forever, the newer ones out there today are better than the plastic ones..Shop at the bench rest shops for all of these little buggers..Some folks prefer them for loading pistols I have noticed..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41986 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote