New
Find
Notify
Tools

Storing Powder In Water (long term)
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Would vacuum sealing the powder and storing in a freezer slow down deterioration?

Posts: 353 | Location: Southern Black Hills SD | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As long as it's not a frost-free freezer.

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Absolutely 100% !. Vacuum sealed and kept below 68 degrees F. Guaranteed ,if freezing

is desirable Vacuum bag then seal inside of another zip loc bag . Freeze at will in whatever

kind of freezer . However Onefunzr2 has a point if it's not DBL bagged . If you could store in

a deep freezer Zero Degrees , degradation is NIL !.

Air Ports and waiting is the dread of flight !. Ah the Wife returns got a close up !. archer

Posts: 4485 | Location: Planet Earth | Registered: 17 October 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
FWIW, Aliiant never responded to my query about the lot of Unique stored in water.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11141 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I came in late. What was "The 100 year old
Bullseye story"?.
Take care!

Posts: 1028 | Location: Mid Michigan | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
pissersWHAAAAAAAAAAAA how dumb is water and powder freeeeking oldest saying in since powder was invented KEEP YOUR FUCKING POWDER DRY!!!!!!!! wow i thought we had some common sence here guess i was wronggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg homer

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ddrhook ; You obviously have never visited the political forum on this site !. clap

Common possibly sense oh yes by all means = NONSENSE !.

Forums are an expression meaning one thing can be expressed in several different ways .

Most everyone's opinions vary , the end results are what really matter .

Two things to be sure of on this forum or any other , Nothing is written in stone

and if you don't like the answer Just wait somebody will post one you do like !.

There are a fair number of " Real Smiths and Reloaders " on this site , with hundreds of years

worth of accumulated knowledge . That's Priceless in anybody's book !!!.

archer archer archer

Posts: 4485 | Location: Planet Earth | Registered: 17 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
it was a joke dancing o need flying off the handle killpc

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I came in late. What was "The 100 year old
Bullseye story"?.

I read somewhere that Herqules took some of the original lot of Bullseye (1898 ish) and stored it in water. They would take a sample out every decade or so, dry it out, and test it against the current product.

BTW-I am collecting salsa jars to store the old powders in under water. From my experiments it looks like it works, and even if it does not, I do not have to worry about them going off in my house.