Notify
Tools

300 wm
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of wazza56
posted
Hi guys
Looking at starting reloading for the new sako 300 wm we have just got, has anyone got any advice on pills that work well, will be used mainly for Camels at the moment and maybe asian water buffalo at some stage

keep your barrell clean and your powder dry

Posts: 383 | Location: NW West Australia / Onepoto NZ | Registered: 09 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Waz,

Have had very good results with the Nosler 180gr partitions, good accuracy and very effective for me on whitetail deer, to elk and the African plains game.

best of luck
Carl

Exercise makes you look good naked, so does bourbon.....You decide

Posts: 189 | Location: Was Kansas, USA - Now South Australia | Registered: 03 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Although I've never shot a camel or water buff, I would assume penetration is required. For that, I would look no further than the 180 grain Barnes TSX. I've been using them for a few years now and still haven't caught one from elk to African plains game.

Good luck!

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A heavy ie: 220 gr., bonded bullet or Barnes all copper bullet would be called for. Woodleigh would be my first choice, but I don't have any experience with Barnes bullets. I tried them years ago and had accuracy issues with them, or I should say lack of accuracy issues.

velocity is like a new car, always losing value.
BC is like diamonds, holding value forever.

Posts: 1650 | Location: , texas | Registered: 01 August 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Another vote for partition. If you want something more modern, try the Accubond. I'd stick with the 180gr for what you mentioned and make sure to place the bullet where it needs to go.

Pancho
LTC, USA, RET

"Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids." Clint Eastwood

Give me Liberty or give me Corona.

Posts: 937 | Location: Roswell, NM | Registered: 02 December 2002Reply With Quote