Find
Notify
Tools

Which electronic scales to buy
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted
I want to get some electronic scales for weighing powder as well as cast bullets!

Which should I buy, why and who has the best price?

Nosey people want to know [Wink]

Posts: 4258 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
<Geezer>
posted
TC - I've used the RCBS scale/measure combo (made by Pact) for the last 2 years for everything. It sits on my bench in the garage year round uncovered and looks like it. Still, it has never failed and is probably more accurate than the beam scale I used to check it against. I believe I paid $279 from one of the major reloading houses, probably Midway. For what it's worth...

Geezer

<Safari-Pete>
posted
I use the RCBS scale and it has never let me down and that is almost 2 years now i have had it and i love it

one of us
Picture of R-WEST
posted Hide Post
Mine's a Lyman LE-500 from MidSouth ($115.00 +/-) that's about 3 years old and works pretty well, once it's warmed up.

If you do get one, be sure to put it in a non-drafty location, or you'll be wondering why the numbers keep jumping around. They're great for sorting cases by weight (if you're one of those guys who just can't help himself [Roll Eyes] even though most of the 'experts' say you don't need to).

I use mine also as a double check on the beam scale, when setting the initial charges. It tells me how close the powder measure setting is to what I'm after a lot better than the beam scale. On the other hand, a beam scale is much easier to anticipate when trickling powder into the pan, if you're one of the guys [Roll Eyes] who does THAT.

R-WEST

Posts: 1483 | Location: Windber, PA | Registered: 24 January 2001Reply With Quote