Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Barnes 62gr Tac-X in an AR
 Login/Join

posted
Has anyone had success loading the above bullets to ~2500-2650fps and gotten good terminal performance on hogs and deer?

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have. I had a very accurate load that I shot for years before the 70gr TSX came out. I killed hundred of hogs from helicopters and several deer (from the ground). Load was 2,660 fps. Lots of heart lung shots

Perry

Posts: 2249 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
H4895 was the powder. tights groups

Posts: 2249 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm looking at this bullet also for my new Colt M4. I plan on using for Coyote and sometime in the near future Wolf. I was wandering what the difference is between this bullet and the Triple-Shock X 62 Grain Hollow Point Boat Tail.

Jim

Posts: 550 | Location: Winter, Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 19 December 2010Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Perry.

Jim,

The Tac-X is a bit shorter than the TTSX.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeS:
Thanks, Perry.

Jim,

The Tac-X is a bit shorter than the TTSX.

George

I use/have used both and the performance is identical. Accuracy is the same too. They both open up fast and penetrate deep. In the 5.56 I really like it for everything from coyotes to deer and hogs. First coyote I shot with it I was surprised it worked as well as it did. I was expecting, from such a tough bullet, pretty poor performance on smaller game. Because it opens so fast and expands so much it really slam dunks smaller game.

Perry

posted Hide Post
Thanks again Perry. I want to load it to about 2600fps so I can use it with one of my suppressors 9which is only 'rated' to 2650fps).

George

One of Us
posted Hide Post
George, I was referring to the TSX and not the TTSX. I just found this tidbit on another forum. "Barnes rep said they are the same bullet. Only "difference" is that the M/LE TAC-X goes through one more inspection than the TSX does".

Jim

Posts: 550 | Location: Winter, Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 19 December 2010Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Jim.

George