Find
Notify
Tools

6.5 mm Rem Mag??
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of old4x4
posted
Was thinking about a good deal I saw on an Encore BBL in 6.5 Rem Mag (it's a good price). I like strange calibers and wildcats and all that stuff. Anyone have a rifle in this caliber?? Whaddya think?? What kind of velocities can I expect out of a 26"BBL?

Posts: 504 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Chamber it so that the base of the bullet will be even with the base of the neck, and you can expect 3000 fps with a 140 gr bullet. It really is a great little cartridge. - Dan

Posts: 5285 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just picked up a Remington 660 in 6.5 Remington Mag and am having an absolute blast with it. It's a great little cartridge, perhaps was decades ahead of it's time with the short, fat, powder column...

Michael

Posts: 160 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 28 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There was some talk about Remington bringing it out again in the Guide gun. It's also on their web site to vote on for the next classic caliber.

Bob257

Posts: 434 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 22 November 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
It's already listed as a release this Jan. / Feb, price $649.00 as Grice Gunshoppe in Clearfield, PA. They are taking orders if you really want one..should be a good little medium boy toy. The Classic this year is the 8 X 57 Mauser...not to sure how much lust there is for that one.

Posts: 16 | Location: Northern Cambria,PA USA | Registered: 08 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Frank,
I had heard that the 8x57 was the classic too. I wonder why Remington is going through the motions of allowing people to "vote" on the caliber if they've already decided? I'm not sure which one I'd get. I like the 6.5, but not the Guide Gun with that ugly front sight. The 8x57 is interesting but will duplicate a lot of what I already own. Such a dilema!

Bob257

Posts: 434 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 22 November 2002Reply With Quote