New
Find
Notify
Tools

Load advice
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Wanting to load for a .300 Win.mag using the 165 Accubond,Lapua brass,Fed.GM215m,H-4831sc.I am hoping for 3185-3200fps. from a 25" Hart barrel.Is this velocity safely attainable with this combo?I can achieve this with RL-22 or Ramshot Hunter but want more load density and a temperature insensitive powder.Let me know what you think!
Thanks,
Jim

Posts: 144 | Location: Texas | Registered: 16 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
Jim Im loading 78grs h4831sc 26" barrel and getting around 3100f/s
Thats a max load in my rifle and i only use the brass 2 or 3 times.
If your looking for full cases H1000 at 83.5 grs> didnt have any problens in temperatures from 60*f down to 15*f in the mornings
Dave

Posts: 2134 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 26 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
Jim,

I don't think I could even get close in my 26" tube. I shoot the regular H4831 in it quite often moreso w/ the 180s and 190s but, occasionally w/ 168s and I believe there is better powders to achieve your goal.

Have you considered IMR7828? H1000? if you want to fill the case and push em' fast, 7828 is a darn fine choice.

IMR 4350 is pretty quick as well but, you may not get the full case your after.

Good Luck

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks,guys.If that is the highest velocity,I might as well shoot the 180.It is probably the better choice.
Jimmy

Posts: 144 | Location: Texas | Registered: 16 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of woods
posted Hide Post
Hey Jim

I load for one 300 win mag that likes the 168 gr TSX best and the most accurate powder in it is IMR4831. The Nosler #5 shows a max loading of 74 gr for 3260 fps. I will confess that I have loaded up to a grain and a half higher with no signs of pressure and velocities up to 3350 fps. Of course, work up in your own gun.

Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Posts: 2750 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jim;
Having shot my 300 Win. Mag since 1977 and taken many many moose, I have had an opportunity to experiment with a number of loads.
My favorite was a 200 Gr. Sierra BT with 74 Gr.
of 4831 and WW primers.
This load cronied @ 2950 '/" which I gather you consider low, but with 3875 '/# of energy at the muzzle I could live with it.
Shoot safe!!

I'd rather be sorry for something I'd done, than for something that I didn't do.

Posts: 247 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote