Find
Notify
Tools

Plastic Powder Funnels
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of woodseye
posted
Any methods of removing static from plastic funnels to prevent powder from sticking to sides?I read in Ken Waters pet loads where he was looking high and low for a metal funnel to get around it years ago.Mine worked great for several weeks and now has started to attract large amounts of powder in the bottom of the funnel and neck.

woods

Posts: 672 | Location: Northern Border Country | Registered: 15 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
woodseye,

Try wiping it off with an anti-static dryer sheet, such as "Bounce". Supposed to work....

Regards, Bill

Posts: 1169 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I always wash them in Dawn and hot water, but don't rinse or wipe. Just let them air dry.
Works 4 me. [Cool]

Posts: 46 | Location: Topeka, KS | Registered: 18 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use the reusable anti-static wipes that you can get at Wal-mart for TVs and computer monitors. They work like a charm. I also use them on my digital scale's pan and housing to reduce static there.

Ian

Posts: 294 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 09 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of woodseye
posted Hide Post
Thanks fellas,the anti static sheets worked like a charm the powder goes thru without any sticking or clinging now.

woods

Posts: 672 | Location: Northern Border Country | Registered: 15 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Vibe
posted Hide Post
Speaking of plastic funnels. I picked up a couple the other day for subcaliber use. Had to take the child to the doctor and they had a whole rack of small caliber funnels hanging on the wall. Funny thing was that they wanted to stick them in the childs ears though. LOL.

Posts: 211 | Location: Little Rock, AR. USA | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a set of Lee plastic funnels, and unlike the RCBS one I had, I have had no problems with the powder hanging onto the funnel because of static electricity.

You can get a nice set for about $3.00 or $4.00 thru Cabelas, that has a drop tube attachment and also smaller attachments for use with 223s etc. Take off the attachment to that set and it is just the right size for a 45 Long Colt or 444.

Cheap investment,

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of woodseye
posted Hide Post
Thats the funnel set-up I'm using seafire,made by MTM and very good set-up indeed.Like the drop tube and was tickled with it till it started all the static powder sticking just the other day.Well,the static sheet worked just skippy and now I know how to get rid of this problem quick and easy.

woods

one of us
posted Hide Post
The old TRIED AND TRUE method is to wash the plastic funnel in diswashing detergent. DO NOT RINSE. Let it air dry.

Posts: 355 | Location: Roanoke, Virginia | Registered: 29 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Speaking of metal funnels, they do make some. I bought a metal funnel for my 17 Rem from Sinclair a while back. They are a bit pricey for funnels, but are really nice. Here's the link:

http://www.sinclairintl.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=search&item=SX&type=store

Posts: 445 | Location: Connellsville, PA | Registered: 25 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 445 | Location: Connellsville, PA | Registered: 25 April 2002Reply With Quote