New
Find
Notify
Tools

Woodleigh bullets???
 Login/Join

<280rem>
posted
Anyone know anything or have any experience with these bullets? Thanks, John.

one of us
Picture of Hobie
posted Hide Post
Lots of us here like and use them. I use the .311 215 gr. RN and find them to be excellent bullets.

Posts: 2324 | Location: Staunton, VA | Registered: 05 September 2002Reply With Quote
<Rusty>
posted
I have experience with the Woodleigh 400 grain .408 bullets solids and soft. They perform as advertised!

Rusty
We band of brothers!

one of us
posted Hide Post
I used the .308" 220gr Woodleigh round nose soft point in my .30-06 in South Africa in 2002. I took five animals. Smallest was a Steenbok (about 25 lbs); largest was a Red Hartebeest (about 350 lbs). I had no complaints with bullet performance. I was sold on Woodleighs after this trip.

-Bob F.

Woodleigh's web site:
http://www.woodleighbullets.com.au/

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have used Woodleigh bullets on deer, wild pigs, caribou, and black bear [and a few coyotes too [Big Grin] ]with excellent results.
As long as you do not load them faster than their design they are a good choice.
The ones I recovered gave good expansion and penetration.

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have used them in many calibers and in many weights..They always worked for me, never a complaint on Duikers to Cape Buffalo.

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use them in .416, 45/70 & .585 calibers and they perform great.

Will also use them in other calibers when the time arises. There my favourites.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Alaska Bush Man
posted Hide Post
I like the 350 grain Woodleigh RN in my 45-70 and 450 Alaskan, great prem. bullets for heavy game. I would not waste the money for these prem bullets on deer, other cheaper bullets like Nosler BT or Sierra BT are tops for these, but if you need a tough bullet for heavy game, the Woodleigh will serve you well.

Posts: 523 | Location: North Pole, Alaska | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I recently used the 168g PP in 30cal for a pig hunting trip. They performed very well..the pigs didn't complain.

Posts: 121 | Location: Southern Australia | Registered: 13 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Alaska Bush Man
Have you used the Hornady 350gr. RN on game? If so how would you compare its performance to the 350 Woodleigh?
At what velocities are you driving the Woodleighs?

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote