THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Who makes a Cannelure Cutter & where can I buy it?

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who makes a Cannelure Cutter & where can I buy it?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just wondering who makes a cannelure cutter and do they have an online shop ?? It would need to be able to cut cannelures for bullets up to .458 and greater if at all possible

Thanks PC

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
HOw about this one?

Corbins Cannelure Tool

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
PC
Dave Corbin, at Corbin Bullet Swaging Equipment Corbin.Com and his brother RCECO.COM and believe C&H also makes the tool.
Jim

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have the C&H tool. It works, but I have found it awkward to use. The manual Corbin tool (they make a powered version for volume use) looks like it they made it easier to place your weight over the cannelure cutting edge, thus reducing fatigue and making it easier to get the depth you want.

BigIron

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
I have the Corbin and the CH tools, and use the CH constantly. It is a bit awkward, but it always gives me a good cannelure where I want it. The Corbin can slip, or it can dig in and ruin a bullet in my experience. Of course, it could be I just never adjusted the Corbin properly. But I put a lot of work into my 225-grain .378 bullets for .38-55, and hate to ruin them at the last step. My other Corbin stuff works GREAT!

Posts: 16533 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jeffeosso has one that I was supposed to buy, but all I have in my pockets this fall is lint. Shoot him a PM and he will make you a good deal.
JCN

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Just wondering who makes a cannelure cutter and do they have an online shop ?? It would need to be able to cut cannelures for bullets up to .458 and greater if at all possible

Thanks PC

Dave Corbin have them in stock
Richard Corbin does NOT make them
Dave Davison at CH has some ..

And unless your rifle has a very heavy recoil you don't need to Cannelure your bullet's

Canneluring can brake the bond between the lead and the bullet causing the lead to slip the jacket

Canneluring HOT bullet's work's ok/Bullet's you have just finished bonding.........

Just somthing to think about

Posts: 1557 | Location: Home of the original swage | Registered: 29 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Folks !!

so which is the more quality tool the ch4 or the corbin when it is all said and done ??

one of us
posted Hide Post
Corbin's--------- hand's down

Posts: 1557 | Location: Home of the original swage | Registered: 29 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
I think the CH tool is the better-quality tool by far. I have them both.

Posts: 16533 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
www.lockstock.com has them in under reloading equipment,C-H product #12000 for $59.00 and the cutting wheel will probably out last all the bullets you could ever dream of doing. Built very well.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
JC,
I was wondering on that....

I've got a ch4d, 50 bucks shipped... I will be making my own (grumble) seems I am doing alot of that these days

jeffe

Posts: 38612 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks folks, the ch is a little cheaper and it has ggod reports here so I might get one.