New
Find
Notify
Tools

Barnes pricing
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Rumour has it that we reloaders will be seeing substancial price reductions from Barnes in 2010, damn things are nearly a dollar per where I'm from. FS

Posts: 698 | Location: Edmonton Alberta | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Two boxes of 7MM 160gr TSX with tax cost me $ 1.19/per bullet today. A price reduction would be nice.

Posts: 188 | Location: Late,Great Golden State | Registered: 28 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Would hope so. Copper prices have dropped significantly. Barnes should be through their supply of copper that was bought at high prices. Barnes is a company that truly seems to give a shit about the customer instead of the dollar.

Posts: 448 | Registered: 27 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry to burst any bubbles but Cooper prices are not really down at all.
http://www.kitcometals.com/cha...pper_historical.html
Look at the six month chart, it was at $2 and is now at $3

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6642 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just like gasoline pricing. Once it goes up and everyone gets used to paying it....IF it goes down again it isn't much and it always goes right back up again shortly thereafter. May as well get used to the pricing of bullets staying up.

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
My question would be, why even worry about buying Barnes bullets? They're expensive and fussy to load for. Barnes also has a habit of changing bullets about the time you have a load worked up that you like. Furthermore, bunches of bullets that are much cheaper, are just as accurate and kill just as well are available.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
I agree that they're too expensive, the qualities are too small (boxes of 20 pistol bullets!!!), they change designs way too often and good luck finding loading data.

But...

Some of us don't have much choice but to use Barnes and if we don't band together this lead-free garbage is going to spread.

I'm so old that I still have some skills even without an internet connection or electricity.

Posts: 2507 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I pretty much stopped shooting them. Accubonds and Interbonds work damn well on game and shoot bug holes in many rifles. So the extra cost is not getting me anything except less boolits for my dollars.

If they were the same cost as Interbonds and Accubonds then I would certainly shoot em up.

one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kyler Hamann:
I agree that they're too expensive, the qualities are too small (boxes of 20 pistol bullets!!!), they change designs way too often and good luck finding loading data.

But...

Some of us don't have much choice but to use Barnes and if we don't band together this lead-free garbage is going to spread.

Like Kyler said, we don't have a choice in "condor country". Sure hope somebody else starts making leadfree bullets soon to give Barnes some competition. And the rest of you beware, this leadfree insanity may show up in your state soon.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3830 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MyNameIsEarl
posted Hide Post
I would buy Nosler E-tips before Barnes. Cheaper too.

Posts: 764 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have had great luck with Barnes TTSX's in several rifles. I recently experimented with Berger VLD's on a few WT hunts and will no longer be paying top dollar for Barnes.

Posts: 20 | Location: MI | Registered: 12 December 2005Reply With Quote