New
Find
Notify
Tools

.243 95 grains vs. 100 grainsNosler partition
 Login/Join

<Mads>
posted
Does any one know if the Nosler Partition .243 bullets in weight 95 and 100 grains differ in any other way than weight?

It seems strange that two so identical bullets is on the marked?

Regards

Mads

<Reloader66>
posted
Nosler will produce what sells and as long as the demand is there they will produce both weight bullets. The only differenc is the weight. Both bullets are very close in all respects. It may have to do with twist rate as to why those weight bullets are offered by Nosler. One rifle will like the 95 gr. and another rifle will like the 100 gr. best. It is ceratin they have a logical reason for doing so. Just as many bullet makers produce 165 and 168 gr. bullets. That practice by bullet producers is nothing unique in the projectile making industry.

<heider>
posted
When I called nosler they had told me it was that some 6MM Rem will not shoot the 100gr because of the 1 in 12 twist. Also they said that the partition was further forward in the 95 and will retain more weight after expansion and has the potential to penetrate deeper, again this is what they told me rather than what I know.

<Mads>
posted
Thanks guys

I think that this is one of the situations where you should used the one at hand or the one your rifle shot the best!

But heider I've herad the same thing about the 95 Grain bullet - and if Nosler tolled you so hell why shouldn't we believe them?

Regards

Mads