THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    IT MUST GET LONELY UP THERE @ RCBS CUSTOMER SERVICE

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

IT MUST GET LONELY UP THERE @ RCBS CUSTOMER SERVICE
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of hm1996
posted
Once again, RCBS customer service sets the bar very high for the reloading industry! I have used RCBS dies exclusively for 72 years and only contacted CS twice, both times with outstanding results.

The first call was made back in 1983 0r 4 to ask if they could open up the neck of a worn out 30-06 sizing die to size match ammo thus eliminating the need for expander plug. I emphasized the worn out as that die had resized untold thousands of cases over the years before beginning to scratch the case necks. They asked for three fired cases from my rifle and the old die, which I provided and promptly received the custom die at no charge! Can't be sure, but I suspected the die that I received was a brand new die.

Today, 40 years and thousands of reloaded rounds later, I contacted RCBS CS for the 2nd time. I had discovered the expander plug and decapping pins missing from a set of (yep) 30-06 competition dies. One call and the missing parts are on the way, once more, "under warranty".

It must get very lonely up there @ RCBS customer service department, based on my life long history with that department.

Thanks, RCBS!

2 Chronicles 7:14:
If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Posts: 928 | Registered: 21 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have about 20 sets of their dies and have used their dies since 1974. So far, no need for customer service.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2646 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I called them a month or so ago to order a replacement freebore tool for my RCBS Precision Micrometer. I somehow managed to lose it.

The gal on the phone said she would send me the part free of charge. I received it in the mail a week or so later. Can't really complain about that.

Posts: 450 | Location: North Pole, Alaska | Registered: 28 April 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Sometime in the late 70’s.

We needed something we couldn’t hold of in Europe.

Steve Vogel, from Ruger - he was married to Bill Rugers daughter - was visiting us.

He said Buzz Huntington has these goods, and gave his number.

I called Buzz and told him how I got his number and what we needed.

In those days we had telex for communication.

He said he had them.

Cost was about $16,000.

I asked him to telex me his bank details so the money can be sent.

His answer was “I will ship them and bill you with all details”

When I mentioned that he doesn’t know me, he said “If Steve Vogel gave you my number he trusts you. That is good enough for me!”

When I went to the States, I stayed at Steve’s house.

And travelled around the country, including a visit to see Buzz.

Those were the days! Smiler

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68240 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those were indeed "THE DAYS"!

Posts: 362 | Location: pueblo, Co. USA | Registered: 01 July 2006Reply With Quote