New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quinetics Warranty Su*ks.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I write to Quinetics and advise them that their kinetic bullet puller burst in half losing the rear part (screw cap, shell holder and cartridge)against my face and almost knocking out my front teeth.

I ask them what to do to get a new one under warranty. They said just mail back the old one and send us $12.50 for P&H and we will send you a new one "free". I told them that is not free and if I pay for sending back the broken one and pay them $12.50 also then I can get a new one cheaper on E-bay.

They agree to my not having to send it back but still want the $12.50 for S&H. Well I send them a check and got it in the mail today. Total postage for them = $2.27. Additionally the chuck o-ring is torn in half right out of the box. I found an old o-ring around the house that I put on but mostly use the RCBS or Lee shell holder as a substitute for the crappy chuck anyway.

What a rip-off. And they say "free replacement". Roll Eyes

>
I'd rather be a CONSERVATIVE NUTJOB than a Liberal with no NUTS & No JOB
>

Posts: 643 | Location: Somewhere Out There | Registered: 30 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
just think for what you got in that piece of plastic you could of had http://www.midwayusa.com/media...ge?saleitemid=680804
killpc

Posts: 2134 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 26 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
quote:

What a rip-off. And they say "free replacement". Roll Eyes

That's standard practice now days
Rip off??? I think not. You can't expect them to just send out a part to anyone who "claims" warranty They'd be out of business in a week.
The reason they want you to send in the old one is to prove you actually had one in the first place

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
kc try that with rcbs and see what happene?
you will not be dissapointed.

Posts: 2134 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 26 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Rip off??? I think not. You can't expect them to just send out a part to anyone who "claims" warranty They'd be out of business in a week.
The reason they want you to send in the old one is to prove you actually had one in the first place

You are exactly right and I told them I would be willing to send it back to them at my expense. It was the $12.50 S&H I was complaining about.

>
I'd rather be a CONSERVATIVE NUTJOB than a Liberal with no NUTS & No JOB
>

Posts: 643 | Location: Somewhere Out There | Registered: 30 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
Ok I agree $12.50 is a bit extreme.

But I don't expect any company now days to send anything out for free. And I'm not referring to the economy either it's just the business practices these days. The younger bean counters don't seem to care about the customer anymore. Customer service sucks for the most part. Companies seem to sell you a product and expect you to never complain. Even when they sell you junk. But we have grown into a throw away society. We don't complain we just chuck it and buy new. Being a bit old school I agree a company should stand behind there product period.
They need to teach that life value in college but good luck

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just sent a gun back to S&W. They pay the frieght both ways, no quibble. This is the second time. The first was not what I would consider a warranty problem and told them so, but they covered it anyway.

If the enemy is in range, so are you. - Infantry manual

Posts: 494 | Location: The drizzle capitol of the USA | Registered: 11 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Toss the Quinetic's cr--.
Buy green and get RCBS.
Last year I was pulling some 30 cal and snapped off the head from the handle- as usual, one call to RCBS and they apologized and sent off a new unit to me.
This is not a one time deal with them, they just last week sent me a new stem for the 308 X die that I bent while getting a stuck case(brain fart caused me to try spray on lube instead of Imperial).
I bent it, told them it was my error. No problem says them, got the new stem, expander and 5 replacement de-capping pins in a mail pouch on Sat.
Total down time was 5 days, Total cost ZERO.
Satisfaction-PRICELESS.

Just my experience.

Gary

One of Us
Picture of Slowpoke Slim
posted Hide Post
+1 RCBS

Last week I emailed RCBS for the small primer parts to my hand priming tool. I lost them, tore the shop up looking for them, and can't find them. I KNOW I used to have them. They're gone. Emailed them to find out how much for new parts and could I just buy the parts instead of having to buy a new priming tool.

They responded back that they wanted my mailing address to send out the parts FREE under "warranty". I told them again that I LOST them, and would pay for the parts, they said nope, were sending them no charge.

?!

Can't beat that with a dead crat.

Si tantum EGO eram dimidium ut bonus ut EGO memor

Posts: 1146 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: 31 August 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Spend a little more & get a collet style puller.
Bear in Fairbanks

Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

I never thought that I'd live to see a President worse than Jimmy Carter. Well, I have.

Gun control means using two hands.

Posts: 1544 | Location: Fairbanks, Ak., USA | Registered: 16 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I emailed RCBS last week and asked where I could purchase a replacement calibration weigh set for my electronic scale. I made it clear that I had lost the weights while the unit was in storage for over a year. Their response was "reply with your mailing address and we will send a set out to you". I responded with my address and clarified that I had lost the weights and was willing to pay for them and she replied that she would get them right out for me. You just can beat a company that stands behind their products and offers top notch customer service.

NRA Life Member