Find
Notify
Tools

New Federal round...338 Federal
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted
I see federal is producing its first round...the 338 Federal. It is the former wildcat 338-08. The brief article indicates it has more energy than a 7mm Mag. It will be interesting who builds rifles for this caliber. I will bet ruger and savage have something out there soon!

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
It is the former wildcat 338-08.

In the March '06 issue of Shooting Times Layne Simpson writes,"According to the Federal rep I spoke with...also warn that the ammunition SHOULD NOT be fired in rifles chambered for the .338-308 wildcat."

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post
Sako, I hear, has already picked up the cartridge and are chambering for it.

------------------------------------
The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

"Why shouldn`t truth be stranger then fiction?
Fiction after all has to make sense." (Samual Clemens)

"Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Should be almost as good as the 358Win, which is intended as a compliment.

Do you all think most folks will just go with the 210gr Nosler Partition in it?

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote