New
Find
Notify
Tools

What can I use to make 300 win mag brass
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
i was hoping that I could use 7mm rm or 338 win mag to resize to 300 win mag. Any help would be appreciated.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Your best deal is just look a little harder and find some once fired 300 Win Mag brass.

7mm Mag and 338 are too short.
You might use 8mm Rem Mag, 300 H&H or .340 WBY.
None are very good choices.

There should be a lot of 300 Win Mag brass out there if you look in the right places or just ask here or in the AR classifieds.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
I've got some nickel brass I'd be willing to part with. I'd need to look at numbers and number of fires.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Go back to the originals. Use 375 or 300 H&H brass. Trim, neck, and blow out the shoulder

Barstooler

Posts: 876 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
I've been looking too. It seems like there is some available, but at elevated prices. I bought two 20rd boxes incomplete of Speer DWM(?) cases some loaded, some not some missing, because it was all I found around here. I am scrounging .375H&H to neck down.

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
If you use longer brass, you might need to turn the necks as well.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68690 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
I have 60 once fired. 46 are RP, 5 FC and WW super if you are interested.
Dave

Posts: 2134 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 26 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Anything long enough will be harder to find and more expensive than getting some real 300 WM.

Posts: 17275 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
See "Mike Dettorre' rule #1".

"The right to bear arms" insures your right to freedom, free speech, religion, your choice of doctors, etc. ....etc. ....etc....
-----------------------------------one trillion seconds = 31,709 years-------------------

Posts: 1521 | Location: Just about anywhere in Texas | Registered: 26 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of NEJack
posted Hide Post
I have been buying Norma brass from Brownells. Seems like they get it in rather often.

Posts: 727 | Location: Eastern Iowa (NUTS!) | Registered: 29 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies everyone. I finally found some locally.