New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Would this effect accuracy?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
It quite possibly could affect accuracy by reducing neck tension.

Posts: 345 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: 01 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bob says: " I just pull the bullets, put the propellant in a pan, then neck size without the decapper. Leave the ball on there. If you have a bushing die you don't even have to dump the powder."

At this time it was not clear if Delta used factory or reloaded ammo.
I removed bullets from factory ammo several times (with the hammer type bullet puller where the powder comes out anyway) and weighed the charge. It's amazing how much spread the load had.

So, my advice is to always check and adjust the powder charge with commercial ammonition if you decide to pull bullets.

By the way - not only the powder had an unacceptable weight variance. The bullets had it as well.

Posts: 367 | Location: former western part of Berlin, Germany | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Tiny
posted Hide Post
Delta Hunter

Yes it will effect accuracy as will using some pulled bullets.How much is the question.

Posts: 205 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: 19 July 2002Reply With Quote
<eldeguello>
posted
Quote:

In other words, should you resize the necks of brass that you pulled bullets from before seating new bullets?

Probably. Rhe bullets you pulled could have been a little bigger around than the replacement bullets, making neck tension too low. I always resize necks after pulling bullets. At the very least, it can't hurt!!

one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
Yes

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote