New
Find
Notify
Tools

RCBS tech help...worthless
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Tried to explain to these idiots that my gun had a tight chamber and that I needed a small base die. They insisted that there was no need for a small base die for my gun. What assholes!

Finally got Hornady to send me a die that would work. I cannot say enough about Hornady's tech service! They were terrific and I highly reccomend them for their attitude and willingness to help.

Screw RCBS. I'll never buy anything from them ever!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 353 | Location: Lakeville, MN | Registered: 27 February 2003Reply With Quote
<Hellrazor>
posted
Well most assholes dont call rcbs to bitch they need a smallbase die, they call Natchez, Midway, Midsouth, etc and order one. It never amazes me how people think everyone should hold there damn hand to do everything.

one of us
posted Hide Post
You are the first person I have ever heard badmouth RCBS customer service. All my dealings with them have been superb. If you didn't want their expert advice, you shouldn't have called them. Just order it like Hellrazor said. There's no doubt I will continue to use and recommend them.

Posts: 445 | Location: Connellsville, PA | Registered: 25 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Have always had the best service that I could have wanted from anyone with RCBS [Smile]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ditto that.

Ever time I break something from RCBS or a part comes up missing they replace it, for free. When I need a copy of instruction manuals they not only mail me one, but just last week they also faxed a copy to me!!! Couldn't ask for any better sevice!!!!

Posts: 59 | Location: Soledad, CA USA | Registered: 17 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't understand the need for the venom this thread is evoking. Certainly it isn't necessary.
You might also try Sierra's Hot Line. They have an excellent group manning the phones, and it's a toll free 800 number. I don't recall it offhand. You'll have to bring up their web site to get it. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Posts: 1866 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Small Base sizing dies are only different from standard F/L dies in that they size closer to the case head/shell holder (important to those of us that are making ammo for M-1 Garands, M-14's and other such things) by reducing the lead in chamfer.
If you have a tight chamber, a SB die is not the answer, never has been the answer and never will be the answer.
Seems like the "idiot" is the person doing the complaining.

Posts: 2124 | Location: Whittemore, MI, USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Small base dies are basically for simi autos, pumps, and lever actions.

If you have that tight of a chamber, which I doubt, then the proper thing to do is send them 3 cases and order custom dies. If you have a minumum chamber that was cut by someone, that someone should have made or ordered dies with or at least told you so...

I wonder why RCBS told you that you didn't need small base dies, it had to have something to do with your explanation to them for them to say that...

I suspect there are two sides to this story...I have found them agreeable and very willing to help anyone that will listen over the years...

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I hope that all you assholes have a problem some day so that I can write back about what assholes you guys are. Jeez, what a bunch of fucking idiots and prima donnas. You should all go fuck yourselves thank you!

Posts: 353 | Location: Lakeville, MN | Registered: 27 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Unstable
posted Hide Post
no, tell us how you really feel, dont hold back.

Posts: 201 | Location: NJ, USA | Registered: 22 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I got a bum steer from one of RCBS's tech line guys once myself ('97), but it was immediately straightened out, complete with apologies, free overnight shipping and a free die.

The guy I first spoke with, their "wildcat expert" swore I needed to buy a forming die "set" for a wildcat I was working with. The "set" purportedly has several dies to make the changes in graduated steps, but when the set was received, it was simply a single "trim die" and did nothing more or less than the full length die.

In fact, to add insult to injury, not only was the very expensive trim die completely redundant, but is was also defective and I killed some relatively expensive brass with it for no good reason.

I wrote a rather pissy letter about how long I've used and recommended RCBS to my friends and how disappointed I was to have such a dummy give me advice, how sucky the die was - you know, laid on sort of thick . . ., and FAX'ed it to them.

Jay Postman, one of the head honchos at RCBS service, called almost immediately and discussed my problem with me in-depth and had the correct parts in front of me within 48 hours. Everything didn't quite work, but another call and another overnight delivery and I was running.

As aggravated as I was at the time, I'd have to say that RCBS did everything humanly possible to make things right and after the personal, first class attention I got, I wound up feeling a little guilty about how irate my letter was.

Posts: 588 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 08 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
With that attitude it is easy to understand why rcbs and the people on these forums aren't being very sympathetic to your cause.

Posts: 3104 | Location: alberta,canada | Registered: 28 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow alittle touchy are we??? I had nothing but good results from them.. From any company your bound to have a bad experiance sooner or later.. Just the other week as a matter of fact I was having trouble with my seater plug ringing my bullets on my 45 acp.. I called them to see if I could "order" a set of new plugs.. The lady I spoke with said whats the date on your dies I looked and they were from 75.. She said I will send you a set I asked how much and she said there was no charge.. Ok fine by me but I was willing to pay for the new plugs.. Roughly 4 days latter I recived my package in the mail and was tottaly stund.. She sent me brand new dies free!!!! Another time I called them becouse I hosed my 6.5/300 expander rod.. Called them up to order a new one and they shipped me a new one for free even after I told them it was my fault!!! Heck they wont let you pay for replacements almost makes me feel bad...

6.5 Bandit

one of us
posted Hide Post
Very nice Bowman. I'm sure everyone here respects you even more after that last post.

Posts: 445 | Location: Connellsville, PA | Registered: 25 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey, I didn't start the name calling! All I said is that RCBS was worthless for my problem. Do you guys have stock in RCBS or what? Don't start the bullshit and I won't either. But, if you start then don't expect me to sit back and take that kind of shit. I respect people who respect me, and will give back to you in kind, if the situation warrants. Don't like it? Then don't start with the insults!

So there...I stand by my comments regarding RCBS. Funny that I related the exact same problem to Hornady and after two weeks of discussions, they solved my problem in a very professional manner.
See, they did not blow me off as not worthy of their time as RCBS did!

If you guys got good results from RCBS, then great. I however, did not.

There ws no reason for some of you to start the bullshit. I stand by my earlier comments regarding those of you who started this crap.

<reload>
posted
Bowman, RCBS is most likely has the best service department of any manufacturer you can buy from. But to me it sounds like you have a personal problem with your equipment starting from the head and mouth. Bet any service department loves to deal with over problems they can't help you with. Good Luck getting along with the world.

<George Capriola>
posted
"Tried to explain to these idiots that my gun had a tight chamber
What assholes!
Screw RCBS.
I hope that all you assholes have a problem some day so that I can write back about what assholes you guys are. Jeez, what a bunch of fucking idiots and prima donnas. You should all go fuck yourselves thank you!
Hey, I didn't start the name calling!
There ws no reason for some of you to start the bullshit."

Thanks for the stimulating conversation, Mr. Bowman. We cherish your input.
Regards, George. [Big Grin]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Here's another log on the fire! [Big Grin] I don't spend money for RCBS products anymore either. They are as friendly as can be, helpful and polite. Some of their people are knowledgable, some not so much. Tolerances for their dies are sloppy(IMO) and I don't care for their decapping/expander assembly design.

It amazed me after I purchased a Case Master and began to measure run out on RCBS built ammo. Gads, it was terrible! [Eek!] Went to Redding and found their Tech support superior, and the quality of their dies much, much higher, across the board. Redding people know their stuff.

Some day when I'm wealthy I'll replace it all with Neil Jones dies.... [Big Grin]

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote