New
Find
Notify
Tools

reloading for ar15
 Login/Join

Picture of cepryan
posted
Anyone reload moly coated bullets for their ar? Ive heard both good and bad about using them in semi's from friends and was thinking about trying some. any info is appreciated.

Posts: 7 | Location: Southeast Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have used "Mollyed" bullets in my match AR15 for five seasons. Loading 69 grain and 77 grain Sierra BTHP match bullets. IMR 4895 powder. Lake City brass. And Federal 205 match primers.
Following good gun care post match. I have had very good success.
One of the things I was looking for with mollyed bullets is less degradation of accuracy through the course of firing a match. This is almost impossible to prove. But I feel that I have gained some benefit in this area.
My other goal in using mollyed bullets for me is reduced cleaning regimen. I feel more sure in saying that molly has helped in this area.
If you are looking to improve accuracy, reduce barrel wear, or other claims by many molly advocates you likely are wasting your time and money.

muck

Posts: 1052 | Location: Southern OHIO USA | Registered: 17 November 2001Reply With Quote