New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hornady powder dispenser
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My worked OK last night for the very fist use and it wouldn't work at all today or this evening. Geez I have no luck with these things. Should have just bought the RCBS I guess. FS

Posts: 698 | Location: Edmonton Alberta | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have the Hornady L-N-L AP with the Hornady powder thrower and I would put it up against my RCBS bench mounted thrower any day. I don't know what kind of issues you are having with your Hornady thrower but sight unseen I have to think it is operater error. Care to clarify?

Dennis
Life member NRA

Posts: 1190 | Location: Ft. Morgan, CO | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
LD

the thing will trickle when you hold it in trickle mode but it will not dispense when you put in 13.2gr and press dispense. The little tube seems to want to turn and drop about .2gr then stops then drops another .1 and stops and this would continue on every time I tried it. Don't seem to matter what charge weight you try and enter it just won't dispense. FS

Posts: 698 | Location: Edmonton Alberta | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hornady powder dispenser

Assume you mean one of those quirky electronic gimmicks?
Sorry about that.

Posts: 1615 | Location: South Western North Carolina | Registered: 16 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
Roll Eyes FYI!!!!Now have my ancient ( 55 years used ) Redding rotary drum, a fairly new RCBS "big green" drum, Lyman 1200 electronic , 2 sets of Lee dippers, and the little Lee rotary cone that new cost me $15.00 that now costs about $22.00. fishing Because I may load 3 to 6 powders at a sitting the Little Lee gets used far more (X 50) than any of the others. Just a little food for thought. beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
Have you tried calling Hornady and asking them why it is not working properly?

If you haven't, you might want to consider trying that....

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll be calling Hornady tomorrow morning. This is the 3rd one of these I have had, first a Pact that wouldn't work with ball powder, then a Lyman 1200 that had a mind of its own and now this Hornady. All my buds have the RCBS and get to use theirs if need be.
Maybe I'll learn to use a conventional powder dispenser. FS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well after just about an hour of messing about Hornady has decided my unit is toast and I get to try a new one. FS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
As with all electronics, problems tend to happen very quickly or not at all.
Also, the Hornady and the RCBS can be programmed to really speed up for a specific load, so if you load a lot of cases with a specific charge weight, you may want to look into programming so it can dispense in the time it takes to get a case ready for the powder charge (if on a progressive press).

Posts: 129 | Location: AZ | Registered: 17 July 2010Reply With Quote