THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Key pad -problems on my Chargemaster Combo 1500.

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Key pad -problems on my Chargemaster Combo 1500.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hello.
I have a problem with the key pad on my almost new RCBS Chargemaster Combo 1500.
When I push 1, the display says 2.
when I push 4, the display says 5.
and with 7, it gets 8.

Have any of you experienced somthing like this?
I have spoken to RCBS, and they will fix the problem if I ship it to them. So the service is good.
But I thought maybe I'm doing something wrong, and there is a tip out there for me, so I dont have to ship the whole thing overseas.
(But how much wrong can a man do, trying to get a load at 47grs. Push 4, and 7, and enter, and disp...... Wink

*Treat problems like a dog; Take a sniff ..... If it can't be killed, eaten, or fucked? Just pie on it, and walk on!:-)

Arild.

Posts: 736 | Location: In the deep Norwegian woods. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is the fourth documented case I've heard of.

RCBS replaced mine, no questions asked.

The worst was one of two Chargemasters we shipped to a client in South Africa. The FedEx bill was almost as much as the powder measures.

One of these developed the keypad problem. RCBS asked the owner to demolish the measure, and send digital photographs.

They then sent a new measure.

It's obviously some kind of design/QC problem, and RCBS knows about it.

flaco

N.B. I'd hate to think what RCBS paid to FedEx that puppy to SA.

One of Us
Picture of STINGER
posted Hide Post
I had the same problem. I solved by leaving the peapicker plugged in and turned on all the time.

I realize this increases my carbon footprint, but Algore I don't give a damn.

Bill

Posts: 479 | Location: MINOT, NORTH DAKOTA | Registered: 24 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I thought I should tell;

The problem is all sorted out now. The RCBS sent me a new one, and I'm happy again.
The woman I had contact with was a very kind and helpful lady! clap

*Treat problems like a dog; Take a sniff ..... If it can't be killed, eaten, or fucked? Just pie on it, and walk on!:-)

Arild.

Posts: 736 | Location: In the deep Norwegian woods. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote