New
Find
Notify
Tools

case prep service?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
It surprises me that no one has set up a case prep service.

Someone you send your once fired brass to, to have it neck sized, primer pocket uniformed, flash hole de-burred, trimmed, neck turned, sorted into batched by weight or volume cap..
whatever you want.

Some(the lazy like me) would really like such a service...

Posts: 2286 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
Because it would cost the user and arm, a leg, and a left gonad (for us males).

Labor is expensive, and you are looking for very exact labor, when you as asking for the brass to be sorted by whatever (hell, most of the used brass I have seen people buy almost isn't even sorted by the proper caliber!).

BUT...if you want it done, and have the funds...I'll do it...

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The idea came to me when I was getting various cramps trimming, turning, weighing, sorting, cutting and generally going mad.

I know you can buy Lapua brass the should be pre-trimmed and neck turned, it cost something like $1.60 a piece.

I do it all myself, initally only going into the detailed stuff for 6PPC target loads, but now I find myself doing much of the same things with all my brass out of habit.

Just out of curiosity, how much should such work cost to have done?

I won't be sending you any brass Steve, I'm just curious and surprised that no one has offered themselves for it. [Big Grin]

Posts: 2286 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just out of curiosity, how much should such work cost to have done?

Your talking about tight tolerance tool work. Call a machine shop near you and I`m sure they will quote you a price.

Like the others said "it wont be cheap".
I understand the thought though. I`m not a big fan of case prep myself. Anymore if the rifle doesn`t shoot under .75" consistantly I do less and less to the cases.

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote