THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Do RCBS shellholders work in the Hornady trimmer

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do RCBS shellholders work in the Hornady trimmer
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted
I have a lot of rcbs shellholder. Would save a bit of $$ if they worked in the hornady trimmer.

Posts: 6492 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Only one way - test them. I do not belief there would be a problem. Only with priming tools and sizing there could be a problem since the primer hight would differ giving a different size on resizing process and/or primer seating dept. This is why Hornady Hand Prime comes with a primer tray for RCBS and a tray for Hornady shell holder.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The older ones, like I have will not work, mine are 15-30 yrs old. I am under the impression, the newer ones, have the same size hole as a Hornady, haven't checked that physically. My older ones have a .270 hole, Hornady trimmer needs a .300 hole to lock up properly.

Krieghoff Classic 30R Blaser
Stevens 044-1/2 218 Bee
Ruger #1A 7-08
Rem 700 7-08
Tikka t3x lite 6.5 creedmo
Tikka TAC A1 6.5 creedmo
Win 1885 300H&H. 223Rem
Merkel K1 7 Rem mag
CCFR

Posts: 284 | Location: southern AB | Registered: 17 May 2011Reply With Quote