New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: 7x57 Brass?
 Login/Join

<9.3x62>
posted
Rem or win (or Fed for that matter) has always worked well for me. RWS is way too pricey for my blood and Norma has been turning out brittle case neck lately, so I have soured on them a bit. Avoid S&B as well.

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
If you are looking for good hunting accuracy the Reminton or Winchester brass will serve you just fine. roger

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dear Capt,
Why not get some good GI N.M. brass, form them in your dies, trim to the proper length and get some good long lasting cases? That is what I do.

Aloha, Mark

Posts: 978 | Location: S Oregon | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've got some RWS 7x57 all on the high dollar end about $1.00 each but great brass. I think Norma makes 7x57 also.

Posts: 1098 | Location: usa | Registered: 16 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Remington or Winchester seem to be all that I can find. which one is your prefference or other choices? thanks capt david

Posts: 655 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 11 January 2004Reply With Quote
<eldeguello>
posted
I have used both, and also Norma, and do NOT consider any of these to be better than the other two brands. The Norma cases seem to hold a little more powder than either Rem. or Win., but they are also softer and will wear out in the primer pocket sooner. Loads that I get 10-12 reloads with in Rem. cases seem to last only 5 or 6 in Norma brass. I have never found any Norma cases to be brittle, but I have not bought any since the mid-80's!

One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted Hide Post
I've had very good luck with the Winchester stuff based on one 50 piece bulk bag.

I bought a hundred rounds from Graf's hoping it was as good as the 9.3x62 and found it was so outta spec that you have to use a #11 shell holder. Graf's was only marginally helpful and I insisted on getting a RA# but ended up using the stuff anyway. Shoots and ejects fine but next time I'll buy more Winchester.

ymmv

Posts: 1912 | Location: Charleston, WV, USA | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote