Find
Notify
Tools

7mm RUM
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Dr B
posted
I just bought a Sako 75 SSsyn in 7mm RUM I'm planning on loading the 120gr LazerHead by Lazzeroni. Does any one have any data or opinions

one of us
posted Hide Post
The 7 RUM is highly overbore even with 160 gr Bullets. I wouldn't bother buying more than a few hundred of the lazerheads because your barrel isn't going to last much longer than that with as much powder as you'll need to get that light of a bullet to work in a 7 Rum. Good luck.
My M-75 7 Rum shot 3/4 Minute at 200yds with 160gr Accubonds and or Partitions..........DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That.s definately putting it into perspective. Just get it rebarreled to 375 RUM later on and then it won't be so overbore. Don't forget to get the 300gr cup points from North Fork. That is good medicine for any antelope around these parts! Just kidding...

Posts: 986 | Location: Columbia, SC | Registered: 22 January 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
This may seem like a silly question, but can you have the same barrel simply reamed out (or whatever the appropriate term is) to a larger bore? I have a 7RUM that I had a larger contour Krieger barrel put on and I would be interested in having a 338RUM or 375RUM instead.
Thanks.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 257wby:
This may seem like a silly question, but can you have the same barrel simply reamed out (or whatever the appropriate term is) to a larger bore? I have a 7RUM that I had a larger contour Krieger barrel put on and I would be interested in having a 338RUM or 375RUM instead.
Thanks.

Yes you can. Check into a article in Rifle magazine by John Barsness on "Freshening a Bore". I can't remember off the top of my head the name of the Smith's that do rebores but there are a couple that do good work. A buddy of mine has had a few done with very good results, and it was a good deal cheaper then rebarreling and rechambering..............DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I'll have to look into that. I don't think my barrel will last a whole lot longer. It was fun while it lasted.

one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
Yes, reboring can be done, but I would rebarrel. It may cost a bit more but you are likely to get a better result.

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote