New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help please 200gAB - 300RUM - Retumbo
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I've been seeing lots of conflicting info on this load. I worked up a load with SMK 200 gr bullet and got great accuracy with 95grains Retumbo 3300' elv. 60 degrees. 3206 fps. So now I wanted to use 200g Accubonds and my accuracy came at 93g Retumbo 3256 fps, does this seem right? using R-P cases and Fed GM215M primers, also looks like cratering on primers, but no flattening or no tight bolts. anyone have a pressure program or info? this is a factory Savage 110

50bmg half inch holes ...... at long range!

Posts: 207 | Location: South Central Montana | Registered: 10 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
I'll go out on a limb and say you "shouldn't have a problem"...BUT...each rifle is different...

I've loaded up to 96.0 grains without a problem, but 96.2 was...

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
seems to me you are fine. My 300RUM is a match chamber and I am shoving a 216gr clinch river at 3208fps with 90gr's of retumbo from a 30" tube. If your primer pockets last for 6 firings or better, you are fine. Beware, my RUM goes from no pressure signs to stiff bolt in a blink of an eye. Be cognisant of the bolt lift and primer appearance.

Difficulty is inevitable
Misery is optional

Posts: 1496 | Location: behind the crosshairs | Registered: 01 August 2002Reply With Quote