Find
Notify
Tools

Cast bullet loads for 9.3 x 62
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Stealth
posted
I just received my 9.3mm mold from Accurate Molds. It has two cavities, one for a 250gr bullet and one for a 286gr, both with gas checks. I (well actually my hunting buddy who is the bullet caster) will be casting using wheel weights.

Can anyone suggest some cast bullet loads pushing these bullets at 1400-1600 fps? I have developed similar loads for the 375 H&H using IMR 3031 and IMR 4895 and a 280gr lead gas check bullet. Both are terrific for practice although the IMR 3031 load is more accurate in my rifle.

Thank you in advance!

"Personal is not the same as important", Corporal Carrot, Men at Arms

Posts: 144 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 04 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try Trail Boss. Go to the Hodgman site and follow their directions on how to work up a load. I use this powder primarily in 44 cast bullet practice loads but for the hell of it tried it out with jacketed bullets in 270 and 7x57R and 9.3x62. I was able to get very accurate loads in the velocity range you are interested in. However, only the POI with the 7x57R was useful.

Posts: 763 | Location: Montana | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Fury01
posted Hide Post
I would guess that 25-30 grains of SR-4759 would make either bullet work near those speeds. 30-31 grains of that behind a 290 grain CGC bullet in my 35 Whelen sure works fine. I use Dacron filler. Don't really know how fast it is going but it shoots great and kills deer just fine.
dmw

"The liberty enjoyed by the people of these states of worshiping Almighty God agreeably to their conscience, is not only among the choicest of their blessings, but also of their rights."
~George Washington - 1789

Posts: 2135 | Location: Where God breathes life into the Amber Waves of Grain and owns the cattle on a thousand hills. | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Stealth
posted Hide Post
Thank you both, excellent suggestions! I appreciate your input. Anyone else?

"Personal is not the same as important", Corporal Carrot, Men at Arms

Posts: 144 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 04 June 2006Reply With Quote