New
Find
Notify
Tools

.458 Win. Mag.?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone reloading Hornady's new 500gr. Roundnose Interbond? And what are your results?

Phil

Posts: 1468 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 04 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well no one else will talk to you so I will.
I've loaded about 50 of the new brass coloured Hornady softs, and they go good.
Good accuracy is all I know.
Shot quite a few trees, plenty of penatration on dead/hard trees, like 2 feet, but there is some hollowes in them. A bullet I found at the back of one was comming out backwards, had apparently lost or bent forward some mushroom effect, was about 1 3/8" now only 1 1/16" and weighing 445.5 grains.
The inch or so behind the mushroom is in perfect form.

One other one didn't go thru about 9" of a live softwood tree.

Now when I find an elephant or buffalo I'll get back to you. Hope you have more luck on your African Hunting post. Smiler

Posts: 2355 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not much happening there either.
Nov/Dec. 2005 Petersen's RifleShooter reckons the Hornady are OK, shows photos of various bullet brands, and Hornady is right in there, except the name isn't really Africa is it?
Rumer is Hornady are after me to shoot some trees in Africa for legit. purposees only of course. No animal will be harmed in the making of this adventure.

Posts: 2355 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote