New
Find
Notify
Tools

Redding necksize die Question
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just have the redding 2 die sets and neck size with the full length die.

I am going to get some Redding neck size only dies.

Do they come with decapping pins? Or can they be used to deprime?

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nevermind. Just called redding and the neck size die does have a deprimeing pin.

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Versifier
posted Hide Post
Why go with Redding? For less than the Redding die alone you can get a Lee Collet set and more than enough left over to add a Factory Crimp and a box of bullets. Unless you have a match rifle with a tight neck chamber, it doesn't make sense to me to spend the extra money.

..And why the sea is boiling hot
And whether pigs have wings.
-Lewis Carroll

Posts: 224 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 01 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I like redding, thats all I own , Dont like Lee's. Not worryed about scronging for pennys!

$20 bucks for redding neck die. beer

One of Us
Picture of Versifier
posted Hide Post
I agree, I assumed you were talking about the fancy ones with the replacable bushings. FWIW though, I have tried Hdy's, RCBS, and Lyman neck sizers, all comparable to Redding's standard NS offering, and they all give you much longer case life, but none have produced more accurate ammo than Lee Collets. No comparison, not even close. Some of Lee's other tooling I'm not too trusting of, but their dies have stood up under very hard use for many thousands of rounds and I have no complaints with them.

..And why the sea is boiling hot
And whether pigs have wings.
-Lewis Carroll

Posts: 224 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 01 January 2006Reply With Quote