New
Find
Notify
Tools

reworking 8mm mag brass
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Any one have any experience in reworking the 8mm mag. brass to .340 weatherby? Should the reworked brass be fire formed prior to accuracy testing or hunting? If so how has the brass been holding up?

Posts: 510 | Location: pa | Registered: 07 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of aktoklat
posted Hide Post
I have used 8mm Rem Mag brass to form cases up to .411 diameter. A tapered expander is handy. I have one that goes from .323 to .411. RCBS can make them and are relative inexpensive ($12.00). Anealing the brass necks helps as well prior to resizing and opening up the case necks.

Focus on the leading edge!

Posts: 453 | Location: Louisiana by way of Alaska | Registered: 02 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
I have used 8 M/M REMMAG cases to produce .450 Ackley's in one operation. Put 13-16 grs. of Unique in the primed case, fill with cornmeal and press a 1/4 sheet of toilet paper into the neck with the eraser end of a wood pencil. Hold the rifle vertical and pull the trigger, instant whatever-you-wish cartridge. I would recommend annealing afterwards.

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote