New
Find
Notify
Tools

VZ24 Action on .308 Brno
 Login/Join

<hannesk>
posted
I have a .308 Brno with a VZ24 action, if you open the action it seems to be loose to both sides (side to side), is this right or should it be very tight without free play when opening. I also would like more info on the VZ24, quality, durability and history. Do they still manufacture these actions and how do they compare to the K98 actions. I would appreciate any info/help in this regard.
Thanks so far !

<Orion>
posted
hannesk
you have a good Gun

Weidmannsheil
martin

<stans>
posted
The VZ-24 is usually an excellent action and is frequently used for custom rifles. On most 98 Mauser actions, the bolt will feel sloppy when opened. This was to allow the action to function under the worst battlefield conditions. Once the bolt is closed, it should be nice and tight. The VZ-24 is capable of handling the .308 Win with no problems.

one of us
posted Hide Post

The vz24 is an excellent choice for a custom
rifle! I am building a 458 WM on a 1937 vz 24
action right now. I have also made two 30.06's &one.300WM on these SUPER ACTIONS!
Have Fun!!

Posts: 2351 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
<Elliot Viker>
posted
on vz24 actions I have 250 savage AI, a 35 Whelen AI, and a 7mm rem mag. All are great guns, and will perform well for what you want. The 98's are great actions to work with.