Login/Join

one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duckear:

Do you pick up brass?

Always! [Big Grin]

Posts: 3865 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
I shoot at public ranges,,, they encourage you to leave your brass... in fact, carters entire shooting area is nothing but brass and broke clays.

Do I pick up brass?
Mine, other than 22 or 9mm.. YES

Others?
Well, that depends...
A box of 300 wsm, with all 20 carefully tucked back in, chunked into the trash? you bettya

steel case? NO.

45/70? everytime

10 mm (Pecos, ole buddy, did you say 10mm?) damn right.

Average stuff? not any more... i've got cans of 308/3006/243/270 that aint doing anything but taking up space...

Since I shoot mostly big stuff or custom stuff these days, you are darn tooting I pick up mine...

Odd duck stuff? PLASTIC 308 round? hell yeah

The day I find a box or 3 of once fired 416 rigby, well, buddies, I'll be laughing my a$$ off. And 500 jeffery brass on the range? yeah, that's going to happen

jeffe

Posts: 39721 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 45LCshooter
posted Hide Post
Yes, I do. Any special loads are kept with controlled lots of brass, but a lot of my shooting is for fun, so it all gets cleaned and sized. I've even been known to pick up a few bullets when setting up targets near the berm. When at "the farm", I shoot into boxes of magazines or my sand trap and melt the bullets down to cast again.

Posts: 381 | Location: Kiowa, AL | Registered: 08 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
OHHH, hell yes-- nuthin' better in this world than a freebie. Even if i can't use it-- someone can.

Posts: 926 | Location: pueblo.co | Registered: 03 December 2002Reply With Quote
<hunt-ducks>
posted
Hell yes.

I like the guys who put it back in the box's and dump in can the best, last week at the range I found 2 full box's of 460 weatherby. that was like a gold strike, and i'm glad someone else shot it.

[ 09-15-2003, 11:23: Message edited by: hunt-ducks ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hunt-ducks:
460 weatherby.......and i'm glad someone else shot it.

Yea, that one's got some thump on both ends!!!

Hollywood

Posts: 286 | Location: Capitol City TX | Registered: 06 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Tiny
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T/C nimrod:
Left it on the ground? What a slob! The range I shoot at is private, and is supplied with garbage cans - I make a trip past them and through them whenever I'm at the range. Put in other terms - I'm a proud dumpster diver. (only for brass mind you)

Same here.

Posts: 205 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: 19 July 2002Reply With Quote