Find
Notify
Tools

Whose brass to buy
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of hairbol
posted
Looking at 340 WBY brass. I've used Nosler before and found it quite good. I have never loaded Norma Brass. What say you? Nosler or Norma

One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
NORMA used to make "Weatherby" brass, IIRC. That said -- whichever one you can get first, then NORMA.

Posts: 4862 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have never shot anything but Norma with my .340 Wby sporter Model and it has served me extremely well for over 14 years. A great round for anything in North America particulary with the 240 grain North Fork bullet. Good shooting.

phurley

Posts: 2354 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
http://shootersproshop.com which is the outlet store for Nosler, has Norma 340 Weatherby for $23 per 20 right now.

US Navy RETIRED
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 526 | Location: Seattle | Registered: 17 June 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nosler makes none of their own brass. Depending on the cartridge and price/availability they buy their brass from prime suppliers with the Nosler headstamp and then supposedly "finish" it at Nosler (e.g., uniform the mouth, primer pocket, & deburr the flash hole -- if not already done by the supplier). 99% probability that Nosler 340 WBY brass is really made by Norma. Nosler will neither confirm nor deny the actual supplier of a particulr cartridge but their own web site acknowledges that they buy all their brass from prime suppliers.

Barstooler

Posts: 876 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted Hide Post
Norma.

I just worked up a new load for mine. Surprisingly 250 gr A Frames shoot one ragged hole, much better than the TSX I had previously loaded.

Norma brass, Fed 215, 84gr RL 22.

There are two types of people in the world: those that get things done and those who make excuses. There are no others.

Posts: 1433 | Location: El Campo Texas | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Heat
posted Hide Post
I've used nothing but Weatherby (Norma) brass in my Weatherbys. I'm not sure who makes Nosler Wby brass but I'd bet Barstooler is correct.

Ken....

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so. " - Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5386 | Location: Phoenix Arizona | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of hairbol
posted Hide Post
Thanks, went to the Shooter Pro Shop and found the great deal on Norma 340 brass listed above. Best price going now.