New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nosler Accubond in .300 WM
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone tried the Accubond in .300 Win Mag? I am currently loading the Barnes Triple Shock and I can't complain about them, except the price. I would like something that will open a little faster on these Mississippi deer. My A-Bolt sprays the ballistic tips. Guess I wanna try the accubonds cause they are cheaper...and prettier Smiler than the Barnes. Any thoughts or experiences?

Gimme Back My Bullets!!!!
The Paterfamilias of Modern Squirrel Hunting

QSMA President and Squirrel World Record Holder. 1.96 B&S

NRA Life Member/Desoto Rifle and Pistol Club

Posts: 82 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: 28 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Haven't tried them in a .300 Win Mag, but the 200 gr. Accubond gave me the best accuracy I've ever gotten from my .300 Weatherby Mag.

"How's that whole 'hopey-changey' thing working out for ya?"

Posts: 5883 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 11 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Last time I was at the range I shot my Beretta Mato with 180gr Accubonds and 76grs of RL-22 in fully prepped WW virgin cases with Fed 215M primers, and straightened to .0012 runout or less with my Bersin tool.
I shot a witnessed 3 shot group of 1.035 inches......at 300yds............DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The 180 Accubond was as good or better a shooting bullet than any including Ballistic Tips and Sierras in the M70 Classic chambered in 300 WM. Mines not nearly as accurate as DJ's, it's just an average shooter.

In my very accurate 7mm WSM the 140 Accubonds are very accurate so far. I have not shot enough of them to be postive but accurate rifles usually shoot lots of loads well.

Join the NRA

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ruttinbuck
posted Hide Post
I have shot the 180gr Accubond in 2 different 300WM.
A T3,73.5gr IMR7828 went well under MOA 4shot groups at 100yds{clip limited too...well off the land} chronied 2925FPS.
A 700BDL SS 74.5gr IMR 7828 went well under MOA with 3 shot group at 100yds. Loaded .005 off the land.

Red comyn of Altyre

Posts: 95 | Location: interior BC | Registered: 07 April 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I just tried 180 accubonds in my 300 wm yesterday. I used win brass, CCI 250 primer, 70 gr of H4350 in my Ruger 77 and shot two five shot groups. The first measured .850 and the second was .635. I tried the same load with 180 ballistic tips but couldn't get them to group as well. I think I'll stick with Accubonds in the 300 and Ballistic tips in the 30/06, 308

One of Us
Picture of Mighty Peace
posted Hide Post
Shot the Winchester Supreme 180gr Accubonds factory rounds last year in my Sako m75 300wm and they performed awesome on the moose, mulie and whitetail last season. Highly reccommended in my view. My fiance used them in her Tikka T3 LS 270WSM shooting 140grs and got her mulie buck and cow elk. I am in the process of reloading 150, 180 and 200 grainers and going to try the Barnes TSX for my 300wm. I like 180gr overall for my hunting needs but getting into the reloading now and trying to experiment.

Posts: 431 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 02 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Magnum61
posted Hide Post
I was going to do the exact same thing you are about to do with your .300 wm with going from TSX to Accubonds for the same reasons but I just can't get myself to give up the TSX.

I like the idea of the Accubond and I would use it if the TSX fails for me but I wouldn't trust the Accubond yet, but the Partition of course.

From every review I've read, there is still about 30-40% of people getting Ballistic-Tip performance from them and not the Partition type impact and penetration. All I can say is that I can trust the Barnes TSX to penetrate all the way through every time but I can't trust the Accubond to give me great vital damage, YET!

I think the consistancy in bullet performance will get there but it's not 100% right now. But the accuracy is definately here to stay.

-Everybody has a dream hunt, mine just happens to be for a Moose.-

-The 30-06 is like a perfect steak next to a campfire, a .300 Win Mag is the same but with mushrooms and a baked potato-

Posts: 277 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 08 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info guys. I am going to buy a few boxes and give them a "shot". A new Sportsman's Warehouse has opened a short distance from work. So, guess my mail order days with Midway are about over.

Gimme Back My Bullets!!!!
The Paterfamilias of Modern Squirrel Hunting

QSMA President and Squirrel World Record Holder. 1.96 B&S

NRA Life Member/Desoto Rifle and Pistol Club

Posts: 82 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: 28 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I love the 200 grain accubond in my 300 Winnie. Used to use the 180 grain projectiles, but have since moved to the 200's. Don't give up much on trajectory, and make it up in whomp and drift Smiler

Posts: 437 | Location: S.E. Idaho | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote