New
Find
Notify
Tools

100 gr. TSX in 257 Roberts?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone have any reloading data on the TSX 100 grain used in a 257 Roberts. I'm thinking very strongly on using this bullet....will be used mainly for deer and perhaps caribou.

Posts: 320 | Location: Lebanon, Missouri | Registered: 02 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Do a search on this. Someone recently posted some loads for this bullet in the 257R. I use the 115gr. TSX myself.
peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Barnes #3 has data for the .257 and the .257 AI for X and XLC bullets. For TSXs, they claim you should use regular X data. I've found my best accuracy with TSXs to come right at the book max X bullet load in several rifles.

Try that search Peter mentioned. If that doesn't work, someone here should have the Barnes manual laying around.

FWIW, I use the 100 grain TSX in my .257 AI and love it. 2 animals (a mule deer and a pronghorn) are hardly conclusive, but so far the results have been excellent.

Posts: 3301 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You can also call Barnes. They will suggest loads. In addition, when you buy the bullets, there is a note inside the box about loads.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It works well on whitetails in the .257 Wby at 3600 fps. I can't see why it won't work in the .257 Rob.

A shot not taken is always a miss

Posts: 2788 | Location: gallatin, mo usa | Registered: 10 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've just tried the 100 TSX in my Ruger Bob. Only had time for 2 3 shot groups and both were under 1". Stiff load of H4350. These are the first 100 gr. bullets that have shot well in this gun. It likes the heavier stuff in the other brands.

Posts: 339 | Location: SE Kansas | Registered: 05 March 2003Reply With Quote