THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nosler 168 grain Ballistic tip bullet data???
 Login/Join

posted
Does anyone have any load information or know of any ballistic charts or books containing load information using Varget with 168 grain Nosler Ballistic tip bullets? I like using Varget but, Nosler’s book or website doesn’t show any info for using It.

I’ve been using Varget with 168 grain Hornady A-Max & Sierra HPBT Match bullets and love the performance. It seems I remember reading Varget is a good year round powder without much pressure change from heat to cold. Do you all think the data for the Hornady, Sierra & Nosler will basically be the same?

Thanks!

one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
Just work up a load with the nosler the same way you did for the other two 168 grain bullets.

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!

Posts: 9823 | Location: Montana | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I was just checking my post and realized I never did say what caliber. Sorry for about that but, I'm loading .308win.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2104 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 16 April 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link to Nosler's data but it doesn't show Varget info. I'll probably try some of the IMR 4064, which I already have, to see how it works. Does anyone know if it is a good year round powder, without much pressure change?