Find
Notify
Tools

Reloading the 22 Remibnton Jet
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Jerry Eden
posted
Anybody out there have any experience with the 22 Remington Jet in a revolver?

So far my handloads have only generated fair accuracy, and wide extreme spreads, both with factory Jet brass, and brass I have formed from 357 Mag.

Thanks

Jerry

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 1297 | Location: Chandler arizona | Registered: 29 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What bullets/powder are you using.
In the S&W 22 Jet revolver I used to have I used .222 or .223 diameter NOT .224.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jerry: I have one and would like to load for it. How difficult is it to form brass from 357? Do you know of a source of Jet brass or ammo? Thanks, Jim

Posts: 1416 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
To minimize jamming the cylinder see that there is no lube on the brass or in the chamber.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have about 300 pieces of new Remington factory headstamped 22 Remington Jet brass if anyone is interested. I bought it thinking I would buy a jet but have never found one. If interested shoot me a PM. It usually goes from 25 per 100 to as much as 60 per hundred on eBay

Posts: 251 | Location: Newport, WA | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jerry Eden
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies, Guys:

I have NOT used any 224 bullets all of the bullets used for testing have been 223, so far. Cartridge backout because of lube is not a problem either, thanks!

I have been using IMR4227, and H-110, no real problem with extraction, but the extreme spreads are 175 to 195 feet per second. Factory ammo is only 45 fps extreme spread, and better groups although not by much.

Olarmy, 338 Guy has some brass in the post above. I will tell you though, it is easy to form the brass from 357 mag, as long as you anneal the cases first. The nickel plated cases DON'T work worth a hoot. It is fun. RCBS has a case forming set you can get, that makes it easy.

Somebody said,that the Jet was the perfect cartridge for the guy who likes to screw around with stuff, I think he was right.

Fight On USC

Jerry

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 1297 | Location: Chandler arizona | Registered: 29 August 2003Reply With Quote